- Q. Do I get hours volunteering at school events? For example, Harvest Festival, Thanksgiving Luncheon, Christmas Program etc.
A. Yes. One hour of your time will credit towards your 20 hours. To volunteer at events you must sign up on SignUpGenius.com.
- Q. Do I get credit for running errands outside of school grounds?
- A. Yes, per administration approval. You get credit for picking up items for certain events, for example: balloons, doughnuts, coffee etc.
- Q. Can I get credit for helping teachers in the classroom?
A. Yes, per administration approval. One hour of your time will credit towards your 20 hours.
- Q. If I signed up for one hour and worked two hours, do I get credit for the two?
A. Yes. You will get credit for the extra time only if it was pre-approved by the event chair or administration.
- Q. Do I get credit for chaperoning field trips?
A. No. Parents join their kids on field trips for the experience in a unique environment.
- Q. Do chocolate sales count as credit towards hours?
A. Yes. Sale of one box of chocolates equals one hour of credit.
- Q. Do cookie dough sales count as credit towards hours?
A. Yes. Sale of 3 box of cookie dough equals one hour of credit.
- Q. Do I get hours for attending PTO or Father’s Club meetings?
A. No. Parents should attend meetings in order to find out where help is needed.
- Q. Do donations for classroom party’s count? (Christmas, Easter etc.)
A. No. Classroom parties are small celebrations organized by the teacher. The small food donations will not apply for Family Participation Program hours.
- Q. Can my business give a gift card or gift basket to be raffled during a function in exchange for hours?
A. Yes. Depending on the value of the donated item, hours can be earned. We will evaluate the credit for these items on an individual basis.
- Q. Do donations to teacher’s wish lists count?
A. No. This is an act of giving to improve the classroom.
- Q. Does participating during Multicultural Day count?
A. Yes. Helping with donations, setup, and serving gives you credit towards your hours.
- Q. Does serving as a homeroom parent count?
A. Yes. A homeroom parent must attend all PTO meeting and actively help the teacher to receive 10 FPP hours.
- Q. Do purchases on the Scrip Program give you credit towards hours?
A. No. Since your purchase is for a gift card with the equal amount of value.
- Q. Do monetary donations count as credit towards hours?
A. Yes. Donations received from a Hovsepian parent will be calculated as: $10 is equivalent to one hour. Donations obtained from a second party (Non-Hovsepian parent) will be calculated as: $100 is equivalent to one hour.
- Q. Can a grandma or grandpa participate at events?
A. Yes. Family members can help at SignUpGenius.com. Check the box “Display an alternate name (like a child or spouse’s name) on the sign up page”. Write the family members name in the box.